Monday, November 7, 2011

Those moments that make you laugh... kind of...

So today was my chemo day. It's never fun, but for whatever reason I was throwing up a great deal today. I was upstairs putting my kids to bed and folding laundry when a wave of nausea hit me. My toilets plumbing upstairs is having some trouble so I ran down stairs as fast I could to the guest bathroom.

My husband saw me run downstairs and he came running in to make sure I was ok. First off, I hate it when people watch me throw up, but I knew he wanted to help so I didn't say anything. Then question after question comes. "Are you ok honey?" "What can I do?" "Do you want me to hold your hair back?" "Do you need 7up and crackers?" and so on and so on. The questions kept coming and I'm trying me best to answer them through the heaving. After like the 10th question I said "Honey! I love you so much, but if you ask me another question that I have to answer while I'm trying to throw up ...." and then another wave of heaving. haha! Poor guy. He means well, but I was laughing in my head thinking "who sits there and asks questions to a person with vomit flowing out" (sorry for the graphicness, but there is no way to sugar coat what was going on today).

Anyways, I just had to share. It was funny and annoying and i love the guy for trying and being worried about me. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment