Thursday, July 5, 2012

My dr appt today....

So I'm trying really hard to keep this updated as I've promised to do!! :-)

I went in to get my IV infusion today and talked to my doctor before I went back to sit in my comfy big recliner and get poked with big needles and IV bags. I actually really love my nurse. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's painful with the needles and it's painful for me to sit in one spot for 3 hours because I get so stiff, but my nurse (Mary---- love you girl!) is so great!!! She gets me all hooked up and then she sits and chats with me for a bit, she props my legs up and gets me pillows and blankets to make sure I'm as comfortable as I can possibly be, she gets me a little portable dvd player so I can watch a movie since I have to sit there for 3 hours. I do get sick sometimes while I'm sitting there. There are times I have to move the movie to the side and throw up in my bowl, or my blood pressure (that they take every 15 minutes) will drop to low, but for the most part I can make it through pretty well. My grandmother was on dialysis for like 15 years before she passed away, and she use to say that it was her little vacation. She got to go sit with her friends and chat for a few hours a couple times a week. I never understood how in the world dialysis could be a little getaway, but she was a mother of 5.....  and as sad as it may be..... I don't mind infusion days. I've been able to go pick out a movie or a good book, and get my comfy clothes on. I look forward to chatting with my nurse and getting a few hours to myself. There is a silver lining to every dark cloud. :)

Ok, so anyways.... I went in for my infusion, met with my doctor and told him what was going on. He actually brought it up first when he say the drastic change in my weight since my last appointment about 5 weeks ago. After he went through a large list of questions and I told him everything going on. He did a quick examination and then told me they couldn't allow me to do the IV infusion because if I did it while I was sick it could make me even more sick. So anyways, they decided to order me a ton of fun tests. I got a couple of them done today, I do another tomorrow morning, and finish them up next week. Once I get those all done, they will be able to get me the results and we can see what's going on.

So there is my update for the day. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, thank you for the updates. We will be praying for good results from your tests!

    ReplyDelete