Saturday, September 3, 2011

Procedure #1. . .

So I had the first of two procedures. Luckily, the twilight sleep actually worked this time!!! The doctor was so funny. He came to me and said "alright. First time, I gave you the regular amount of anesthesia and it didn't affect you at all. Second time I gave you almost triple and still... nothing. So this time you're getting some mega drugs....you should feel REAL good by the end of this." ha ha. Even the nurses were commenting how they had never seen someone need so much anesthesia (especially someone my size). It was successful though. I do remember everything. I laid down on the table like the last two test runs. They told me to be still. Pushed the drugs, I got dizzy, felt the needles go in, gripped the table when they burned the nerves. I remember the burning smell (maybe it was in my head. I'm not sure) and I remember thinking that it hurt but not really caring. I guess that's what the twilight sleep does. You're aware of what is going on but you just don't really care.
So it was over pretty quick. I was REALLY sore for a couple days and I won't see results for a week or two...maybe more. But once the results do show up I will be free from pain. It should take at least 80% away. Possibly 100%. Wouldn't that be AMAZING!!!! It would make getting through everything else SO much easier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment