Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Withdrawl.....

So pain pills stink. I've been on them for over a year now. I legitimately need them but that doesn't make me like them any better. I hate just masking a problem rather than taking care of it. What I'm going to do tomorrow will hopefully be a new beginning for me and my whole family. My doctor had this great plan to slowly wean me off of the pain medicine after my procedures so that I wouldn't have to be in pain while I went through withdrawal. Unfortunately they made a mistake on my prescription and would not fix it so even though my PCP called and my pharmacist called and me chiropractor called, they would still not fix my meds. So basically I'm going cold turkey. It's gonna be rough. The doctors warned me of excessive sweating, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, shaking, and a lot of pain.
Its brutal and awful but when 2 weeks are over I'll be through the detox and off the pain meds. It will be 2 weeks of hell most likely, but after that I'll be ok.
I know today was pretty bad and the nights always seem a little worse but there is light a the end of the tunnel and it's really close!!! I can't get through anything with faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment