Friday, August 5, 2011

Blessings & Learning....

When I go through a trial I think about what I'm suppose to learn from the experience and I try to focus on the blessings that come with it.

Since I got sick my church has been amazing! Everyday that I do injections or have an IV treatment a family brings us a meal. They also take my kids on playdates regularly so that I can get some rest.

What I had to learn comes hand in hand with the blessings. I am very prideful and it took an enormous amount of humility for me to accept help from other people.

In the beginning, when I was starting to get sick and the tests were all being run I would have random people I hardly knew calling me and saying they felt prompted to call and see how I was doing and every time I would say "I'm fine. I'm great. Nothing is wrong at all. Thanks though." Looking back I realize how selfish that was. I denied those people so many blessings in helping me.

I still have trouble in some areas. People offer to come and clean my house and I have not allowed anyone to come and do that but I let them take my kids for short periods and I let them make me and my family meals. I'm still working on being more humble and accepting help but I am getting much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment