Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011

It's a miracle! I firmly believe that Heavenly Father guides doctors and researchers to find cures and treatments.

I went into the surgery office this afternoon. I met some really great people in the waiting room that had been doing these treatments for years. They helped to put my mind at ease. When you meet people that understand what you're going through it's like finding an instant friend.

They called me back and had me get into a hospital gown (so fashionable. haha) and hooked me up to the IV of fluids. Then they took me back and laid me on what looked like a massage table. The doctor pushed the sedation through the IV and I got a little dizzy but didn't go to sleep. They stuck 5 large needles on the right side of my spine and then 5 on the left side. It was painful but it would have been that much worse had I not had the sedation.
The best part was that i felt relief from the pain almost instantly!

The difference between pain relief from pain pills and true pain relief from this treatment was amazing! I wanted to run and jump but I was pretty loopy so I didn't. haha. I was able to straighten my fingers for the first time in a year! I was able to bend my knees, get out of a car without wanting to cry from the pain. It was incredible! The only bad part was that this was just a test run ... a diagnostic test to see if the radiofrequency ablation would work later on. So after about 5 hours of feeling better than I had in a really long time, the pain started to come back. I am dealing with the pain better though because I know that just around the corner....within a few short months I will be pain and pill free! yeah!!! I'm so excited!!!! Thank God for modern medicine! I will thank my Heavenly Father forever and ever!

I still have to do the chemo once a week and the IV treatments once every 8 weeks but finally i can stop taking the pain medicine.

Miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment