Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Aug 10, 2011

My son Michael and his little sister (emma) started pre-school a week or two ago. I went and dropped Emma off and her classmates were thrilled to see her and she jumped right in happy to be there. She is the life of the party and so friendly and social. Then there is Michael who is so shy and a bit awkward. I love his corky little things he does but he can be a bit odd and when he is uncomfortable or nervous he acts out a bit. Pretends to be a panther or growls....things like that.
The last couple of times i've taken him he seemed to be having fun but when I dropped him off today a couple of the kids said "oh no, not him again. why did he have to come." Michaels shoulders slumped over and he looked so sad. It broke my heart into a million pieces. Who knew 3 year olds could be so cruel. I had to remember they were just 3 though. I gave him a huge hug and told him I loved him and how special he was and that he needed to get in there and be friendly and show the other kids just how great he was. When I picked him up he seemed happy so hopefully all is ok.

I know i worry far too much....I'm accused of that quite often by my husband. But that's what moms do right? lol

I just worry so much. All the talk of bullying that goes on in the media these days...especially the cyber bullying. It's so real and seems to be getting so bad and I worry so much for Michael with how awkward he is and how shy. I don't want him to be one of those kids that gets bullied. I wish I could protect my kids from everything bad in the world but all I can do is give them the tools to handle it and send them out there and let them know that home is a soft and safe place to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment