Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug 14, 2011

Up again tonight....another chemo day.

The title of this blog is "Life is never easy, but it is worth it." It's one of my favorite quotes and I have it featured on a picture of Christ holding his hands out to his sides showing the wounds in his hands. It is such a touching picture. Whenever I think things are difficult I think of how much Christ suffered for me....for all of us and it truly puts things into perspective.

I was at my kids preschool the other day volunteering in the classroom and I just felt like I was living the dream. I have had many dreams in my life but the one that ALWAYS held true and strong was to be a mom. I love being a mom. Getting up in the morning and packing their backpacks, getting them dressed, doing my girls hair, feeding them breakfast. Now I have gotten to add to my dream by taking them to school, doing parent/teacher conferences, and this past thursday I got to volunteer in Emma's classroom. It was just perfect! The days that they don't have school we love to sit in the front room doing puzzles, matching games, board games, and now homework! I am living my dream. I have this sickness that I have to deal with....it's not fun, but I am so blessed! If I can focus on that and see all the blessings that have come into my life because of this illness, and all I have learned...then I can see that it is truly worth it! I hope that anyone reading this can realize the own blessings in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment