Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Date

Emma is in need of a few new things because she is growing so fast lately. Her church dresses are getting a little short and her shoes are getting too tight. So Adam decided to take this opportunity to take Emma out on a daddy/daughter date. It was so cute! Emma was so excited all day. She asked me to do her nails and her hair so they would be pretty for her date with daddy.
Emma was finishing up her dinner and I was finishing up doing her hair and putting her shoes on. She went over to Adam and said "daddy, is my hair pretty?" and he of course told her how beautiful his little princess is. Then she said "Daddy, are you ready for our date? I'm ready." Then she went around saying "bye guys" to her brother and sister. She gave me a hug and said "mommy, I'm going on my date with daddy now." Then I watched Adam and Emma walk hand in hand out the door with huge gleaming smiles on both their faces.
It was so adorable and sweet. I love that Adam takes the time during this busy time of year to make sure that he still takes the kids out to do one on one things. He took Michael out on Tuesday to his gymnastics and then they spent time together. Emma's special date is tonight and Hailey's will be next week. It's very sweet to see how excited they get to spend their special time with daddy. Of course they love to see him and play with him all together each day when he gets home from work, but this is their special "one on one" time. It's just so cute. It was a bright spot in all this stress lately.
I have a friend that sent me a beautiful card in the mail today. She is a doctor and said that in one of her patients life was changed by her positive thinking in an impossible situation. She truly believed it saved her life. It was a good reminder to read that and to remember how good it can feel to try and stay positive for myself, my family and my friends. Just because everything seems to be falling down around me, that doesn't mean that I can't fight back with a smile and a positive attitude! :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great experience that must have been for Emma.... Oh and you ARE a positive and inspiring woman! .. Always on my mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing dad! You two are a very powerful force in this world.

    ReplyDelete