Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just when it couldn't get any worse....

So maybe it's not worse and maybe I'm just so use to getting bad news at the doctors that I'm over reacting, but....
I went with my mom to her work dinner party tonight and I had a pounding headache and was really sick to my stomach.
As some of you know on top of everything else I also have kidney disease. It's something I've had since I was 15 and I still have good function, but it's something that will progressively get worse over time and I have to keep an eye on it and watch what medicines will affect me kidneys badly, etc. I just have to protect them while I'm young so I can put off going on dialysis for as long as possible.
So the dye that they used for the CT scan is very bad on kidneys. For people that have perfect kidney function, one bad reaction to the contrast dye and that alone can land them on dialysis. So of course here I am with not the best kidneys and I have the allergic reaction.
So, here I am at the work party (for those of you who don't know, my mom works at a dialysis unit). So I'm surrounded by people who work on dialysis that know that I had this bad reaction to the contrast dye and a few know about my kidney troubles.
They are watching me sick and bad headache and start asking me other questions and then start getting really upset that the nurse that took care of me during my CT scan didn't immediately have my kidney function checked.
Apparently I am now showing several of the signs for kidney failure.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!
Lets hope that is just an over reaction from people that work in the biz. But seriously. That better not be the case, cause if I have to go on dialysis, and radiation along with the chemo I'm already doing.... I'm going to land myself in a room with padded walls. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah I am so sorry to hear this. Ugh sometimes peoe will say that and it's not cool. I am praying and believing for a miracle and complete healing for your body. Hugs
    Ryana

    ReplyDelete